god meets girl

18.11.02
as recommended by natty, here are my "100 things":

1. I have blonde hair and brown eyes, which I used to think was unique – until britney spears came along.
2. I place a high value on uniqueness.
3. when asked where I am ‘from’ I used to reply “pasadena, ca”, but have lately come to realize that the answer to that is “arlington, va”.
4. my religion is categorized as christianity.
5. God loves me.
6. I love God.
7. I want a husband and children one day.
8. I recently had someone ask me what my interests in life are, as opposed to asking me what I do for a living. I like that question, but still don’t know how to answer it.
9. I am scared by earthquakes, being upside down, et, golem, jabba the hutt and most muppets.
10. I feel in love for the first time in first grade with robbie.
11. I currently love someone, but don’t know if I am in love with him.
12. bananas have always made me gag and my mother always thought I was just being dramatic.
13. I have a dimple as a scar on my thigh from an inoculation when I was a baby.
14. I lost my last baby tooth when I was 14.
15. I once stole a hat from disneyland on a dare.
16. my greatest defeat was losing the varsity championship for our girls soccer team because the ball went between my legs. I played goalie.
17. my best friends in life are as follows: tracy, erin, cameo, courtney, natalie, and rachael.
18. I like many vegetables that people dislike: lima beans, spinach, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, etc.
19. I would rather be in hot weather than cold.
20. I have not passed classes in my schooling, but have never received an ‘f’.
21. I wrote a thesis in college.
22. I like bold colors – red, yellow and blue.
23. black is the most common color in my wardrobe, though I work to change that.
24. the greatest concert I have ever been to is john lee hooker at the catalyst in santa cruz, ca. twice.
25. my greatest music moment is ‘where the streets have no name’ at the u2 popmart tour in 1997.
26. I get frustrated with christianity.
27. I get disappointed with america.
28. I believe humanity is lost.
29. my favorite pet was taffy, a calico/tabby cat we got from the pound when I was about 10. she squeaked instead of meowing.
30. I lost taffy to coyotes the year my sister left for college.
31. I gave my sexuality to jason and my heart to brian.
32. I will give neither away again to another except my husband.
33. the most fun I have ever had was a trip to phoenix for my pastor’s wedding in 1994.
34. my wedding day will be march 3.
35. I like having fun and being with people.
36. my greatest achievement is making it this far in life – with a college degree and without being in jail, dead or pregnant.
37. the characteristic I respect most in my mother is her compassion.
38. the characteristic I respect most in my father is his passion for knowledge.
39. I respect these two characteristics most in myself.
40. my first car was a gray chevette, named earl, that I bought from a friend when I was in michigan for $300.
41. I love jazz and old black men.
42. when I am old there are only two things that I want to possess, wisdom and love.
43. I sucked my thumb until my mother bribed me to quit with a care bears house. I was 6.
44. the only bone I have broken is my arm at age 3.
45. the only surgery I have had is to remove my wisdom teeth at age 15.
46. I want braces.
47. when I was little I wanted a broken leg so I could use crutches. Last year when I hurt my knee I saw the folly of youth in wanting crutches.
48. I value social and mental accomplishments over physical accomplishments.
49. bono is the most interesting man I have never met.
50. lane is the most interesting man I have met.
51. love does not scare me.
52. the food I hate is eggplant.
53. I just learned that I snore, though I don’t think I usually do.
54. it really bothers me that I snore.
55. my happiest childhood memories are at casa grande, playing with courtney in the ‘s’ tree, swimming with my dad, dressing up.
56. I love movies, but can’t pick a favorite.
57. I strongly dislike politics.
58. my first date was with jonathan in second grade. We went to bullwinkles in anaheim.
59. this writing exercise is hard.
60. I am happiest when the sun is shining.
61. I really hated high school.
62. I really liked college.
63. when we were about 11, erin and I had a crush on this boy who would skate at the school by my house. We would stalk him, but never did talk to him. I wonder what the boy is doing now?
64. I want to have a big family.
65. I made a conscious decision at age 12 that I had outgrown playing with barbies and gave them all away. I missed them for about a year afterward.
66. I associate foothill with the most pain in my life.
67. I can still smell the kitchen there, colors by benneton which I wore to junior high dances, and brian.
68. I want to be a good cook.
69. when I am in a deep, completive mood, I smoke and drink black coffee.
70. I often wonder how my life would be different if little things were changed – like if I had finished my senior year, if I had a brother, majored in american history, or married at 22.
71. I would like to travel to africa, asia and south america.
72. I love sunsets.
73. I love the beach.
74. I love being in high places with a view.
75. I watch entirely too much baby story, wedding story and trading spaces.
76. I own a gym membership but go only about once a week.
77. I do not make wise financial decisions, but would like to.
78. I consider myself to have a fairly open mind, and value that.
79. I have tried to journal several times in my life, but have been unsuccessful until this year.
80. I prefer teenagers to young children.
81. I want my children to have three things: a loving relationship with God, happy childhood memories, parents that love each other and them.
82. I really have no preference about where I live, though most people think I do.
83. I believe the simpsons is the best modern art.
84. I usually don’t know what is best for me and I don’t pretend that I do.
85. mexican is my favorite style of food.
86. thai is my least favorite.
87. I f I could do any job right now, it would be writing articles about popular culture for christianity today.
88. I sing in the car. Loud.
89. I love road trips.
90. the biggest lie I’ve ever been told is that life as a christian is easy.
91. the greatest truth I’ve ever been told is that I am exactly as God wants me to be. Right here, right now.
92. I’ve been in 38 states.
93. I’ve lived in 5 states.
94. I’ve never been to hawaii.
95. I never date men longer than a few months (see #32).
96. I value my discretion.
97. I fall in love hard.
98. a few years ago I started the strange goal of donating blood in all 50 states.
99. I look for beauty in people and things that surround me.
100. today is my 25th birthday.
posted by Paige @ 2:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 god meets girl | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Paige
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Links
Archives
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates