god meets girl

21.10.04
i made a connection today, as i do many mornings due to the grand inspiration that is metro. this morning it was the realization of one more way i try desperately to control that which i cannot.

this morning it is something that all women can relate to - the obligatory boob glance. i don't understand why it is necessary and why it is so common. yes, they are there. yes, as a female i have them. mine, unfortunately, seem to get this a lot too and often from unwanted sources (friends' boyfriends, bosses and creepy ups drivers...but that's a story for another time).

but anyway, as i passed a metro employee who pretended to be scanning my outfit all the way to my shoes, it occurred to me why this bothers me. it's not that i don't like to be noticed (everyone does) and it's not even that i don't like my breasts to be noticed, because even a sexy glance can be a good thing. but it bothers me who notices them. rather it bothers me that i can't stop some people from noticing them. it is like a part of me, a deeply intimate part of me, is taken from me without my approval. we are made to be sexual beings, but i am troubled that i can't control which men may have access to that part of me and which ones can't. there is absolutely nothing i can do about it, save for wearing turtlenecks (which, by the way, i am practically wearing today).

cest la vie?

ps. if you'll notice to the right, i've done something i've always wanted to do - register for gifts for no occasion whatsoever!!! for your further consumption of all things Paige, feel free to browse my amazon.com wish list. i'll try to add more items as i salivate over them. it truly is a wish list...now if i could only add a touareg to that list...
posted by Paige @ 7:02 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 god meets girl | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Paige
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Links
Archives
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates