god meets girl

7.9.02
What is friendship, really? Is it ultimately selfish, or selfless? Perhaps it is the combination of the two. I believe the healthiest of relationships have mastered the balance of (charitably) giving and (humbly) receiving.

I have spent the last two days giving many of my resources to others. I have spent money that rightly belongs to my creditors. I have given presents. I have used my car. I have given time. And I have given my heart. Sometimes I feel cursed by my own generous heart, but then, now, I am consumed with guilt for an expectation of reception I have not gained. Am I wrong to expect?

In Washington, and perhaps elsewhere, though I have not noted it, there is an attitude of selfishness. I worry that I am falling prey to it as well. Jobs come and go. The weather comes and goes. People are transient. My heart longs for stable love.

I am looking at my neighbors. A nice, childless, older couple. I watch her cook him food, and I watch them spend time together on the sunporch. Is she satisfied with him as her companion? I am sadened by the thought of one person being my soul companion, and yet, I feel that is what I deeply desire.

Does this make even an ounce of sense? I must depart to celebrate the birthday of a friend.
posted by Paige @ 3:58 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 god meets girl | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Paige
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Links
Archives
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates