god meets girl

8.6.04
so, you must like living in dc?

i feel as though everywhere i travel these days i have the same conversations.

me: hi, i'm paige.
them: hi, i'm so-and-so. so, are you visiting ___? (a refreshing first question, since usually i'm asked what i do...)
my answer varies, depending on the location.
them: so, you're not from ____? where are you from?
me: originally from la, live in dc.
them: oh, then you must like living in dc. (a statement intended to provoke)

i don't know how to answer that. i want to answer, no, i really don't, but then that doesn't make any sense...especially to someone i don't know. why do i live somewhere i don't like?

but i guess i don't dislike it, i have sort of a love/hate relationship with the city of my dwelling. i love living in a city. i love the fantastic people that live here. and i'm even ok with the life i've made for myself (everyone's got room for improvement).

i dislike the negativity that i see here. it really wears me down. and i get it from so many angles - from the media all the way down to my church. i tire of the traffic and i fear for my safety. but mostly i just hate the weather. is it fair to move or live some place simply because of the weather?
posted by Paige @ 12:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 god meets girl | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Paige
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Links
Archives
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates