god meets girl

7.12.04
why blog
while waiting for my doctors appointment this morning, i was reading my new favorite book (thanks dave!!), and i got to thinking about why i chose to have a blog in the first place. the book is a piece of unbelievably beautiful literature with unbelievably beautiful descriptions of life, the way that only a dying person (the narrator, told throughout the book in a letter to his son) could describe life.

here is the sample that inspired me:
If Rebecca had lived, she'd be fifty-one, older than your mother is now by ten years. For a long time I used to think how it would be if she walked in that door...Because I always imagined her coming back from a place where everything is known, and hearing my hopes and my speculations the way someone would who has seen the truth face-to-face and would know the full measure of my incomprehension.

what a wonderful description of eternity - a place where everything is known. my hope and my goal is to filter the beauty of life through words, and i hope my blog helps me accomplish this. thanks to all of you who read my words and contribute to this beautiful life. you are loved. and it makes me smile to know you are all loved in eternity.
posted by Paige @ 10:13 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 god meets girl | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Paige
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Links
Archives
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates