god meets girl

25.1.05
lists, pt. 1
as my friends know, i long for the title of Popular Culture Expert, such as is given to some commentators on best week ever or e's countdown shows. as an aspiring pop culture expert, i am often asked what my favorite movies or cds are, but i have a hard time answering that question. i usually follow up that question with a question - what genre? unlike patrick, i do not have a ranking system for movies, etc. but sometimes when i hear a song i think, 'this is one of my favorite ______ songs!', which means somewhere in my head i have them categorized by subject and somehow ranked (think high fidelity 'top 5' here). therefore, i humbly pose to you the beginning of my 'lists' of favorites.

inspired by the #8 song i heard this morning on my way to work, here are my favorite drive-me-crazy-sexy-can't-wait-to-be-(ahem!)-married songs:
1. All I Want Is You, U2 (there's something about the intensity of edge's guitar)
2. I Want To Be Your Lover, Prince (or almost anything from prince...)
3. Closer, NIN (i blush at this one...)
4. Mr. Lover, Shaggy (mista lubba, mista lubba)
5. Caress Me Down, Sublime (i blush again...)
6. So Alive, Ryan Adams (i'm on your side)
7. Pour Some Sugar On Me, Def Leopard (come on - you know you rock out to it too!)
8. Cradle of Love, Billy Idol (ya, ya, yaow!)
9. Crash, DMB (isn't this on everyone's list?)
10. I'm on Fire, Bruce

the songs that made me fall in love, and still invoke a sigh and far off gaze:
1. They All Ask'D For You, The Meters
2. These Arms of Mine, Otis Redding
3. My Girlfriend, Blink 182
4. The Dance, Garth Brooks
5. The Joshua Tree, U2
6. Slow Dancing, U2 (also my favorite U2 song)

songs that make me melt
1. Queen of the Slipstream, Van Morrison (or perhaps a tie with Crazy Love...)
2. La Cienega Smiled, Ryan Adams
3. Pictures of You, The Cure
4. Mr. Brightside, The Killers
5. Ice Cream, Sarah McLaughlin
6. My Maria, Brooks & Dunn
7. Nightswimming, REM
8. I Want You To Want Me, Cheap Trick

i suppose that's more than enough, now that i'm all flustered. help me think of some more 'lists'. i'm working on: songs about ca, chick songs, things-are-gonna-be-ok songs, songs that make me cry, and of course - the breakup list. for years now i've been working on making the perfect breakup mixed tape (yeah, that's how long i've been stewing on it). more on that later, and i may need to enlist the help of others.
posted by Paige @ 10:07 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 god meets girl | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Paige
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Links
Archives
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates